Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Full Time Housewife

It is official, I am a full time housewife. I am at week 33 now and counting the days to go till I give birth. Nervous, scared, excited, can't really say how I feel coz kinda got mix emotions of it. 
The past couple of months have been challenging yet I really believe 'everything and anything happens for a reason', SOOOOO I take it that there is a reward to facing the challenges.

So my workplace has made it official that I will need to stop working at the end of February and I have and a week or so after, my grandmother (on my mother's side) passed away. It was an emotional moment because 2 days before she went, my husband, son and I visited, at that time I had a feeling it wasn't long but I didn't expect her to leave 2 days after. Went to her funeral, saw her peaceful face and gave countless of Al-Fatihah so that she may join the others to Heaven. 

A day after, my parents and my brother came back from Canada. Good news is that my mother is able to stay with me until the end of May to take care of me once I give birth. See, as Malaysians, once we give birth, we have a period of 44 days in taking care of what we eat,drink and do. The point of this is that once we are older,we won't have health problems, or our bodies won't sag or gain excessive weight. So my mom is here to make sure that I take care of what I eat and do so that when I am in my 40s or 50s, I would still have a stunning body.

It is kind of weird not going to work and staying home as a housewife. I feel so empty and useless especially at the end of this month,since I don't have my own money to spend. Yes of course, that's what husbands are for however, it's just better to earn your own money so that you wouldn't feel guilty of spending or over spending (ladies, you know what I mean). Anyways, I tried applying to be a freelance writer and sent a sample of my writing, guess it didn't make the cut coz until today haven't heard from that person.

I take it as a challenge from Allah of what is happening and I pray that it gets better once I give birth. I am also thinking of continuing my studies maybe get a Master's in Education since I am dedicated to becoming a teacher. Whatever it is, I am going to go through the day one after another and I am going to face these challenges with my head up high.

I know that there are wives out there that face even bigger challenges than what I face so I am always thankful that at least my challenges there are still solutions and am not stuck. Since I am super free, tomorrow is another blog entry. Title: Do Pregnant Women Really Feel Beautiful or Just Insecure?

Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment